Monday, August 20, 2007

Don't you dare pay retail in the US or UK!

I am not afraid to tell you that a lot of shopping for the Little Man these days is done on the net. The convenience of shopping at anytime day or night in pajamas and getting an opinion on whether it is a good value has been a boon to both my purchase power and personal satisfaction.

Usually I start out at Epinions to gather the most info on a product from people who actually bought and used the stuff. From there I have a general idea of what to look for when buying (let's say for arguments sake) a stroller/pram/buggy.
Then I start the Google search (go ahead and try the Google search button on this very page!) for the stroller/pram/buggy (aka the princely carriage). Wherever I end up finding the best rate I then search for ONLINE COUPONS! I'll say it again ONLINE COUPONS!
The sites that I've had the best luck with have been:
  • RetailMeNot -available in Australian, UK, Canadian and German versions
  • NaughtyCodes -not as flexible but some good values
And never forget to check to Ebay, there are a surprising amount of retailers and authorized dealers who sell exclusively on Ebay (when in doubt check their feedback) without the mortar-and-bricks' overhead you can get some BIG discounts. Do you have any others you like to use in your area of the net? Leave me a comment.

This article is dedicated to Jaime - may you never have to pay full price again.

No comments: